Our approach to bespoke software
We take a unique approach by fusing traditional and new methods to develop quality software at speed, while retaining our personal touch and fastidious attitude to planning.
A trusted software development partner
At DIGIMENTE Technologies we have built up considerable expertise in a variety of sectors: public and private, consumer and business focused and not-for-profit. We have helped businesses ranging from start ups & ventures, small owner-managed companies through to large public organisations.We design, develop and deliver high-tech customized software solutions for SMEs, Enterprises, Funded Startups and Ventures. If you are looking for a trustworthy and reputable company to build your operational bespoke software, you’ve found the right company to help. DIGIMENTE has created numerous systems for organisations large and small across a variety of different sectors.
Developing productive, engaging, secure web applications with cross-browser compatibility and a responsive design (to work on mobile, tablet and desktop) are our speciality.
People’s working hours are no longer 9 – 5, Monday to Friday. They expect to be able to work and access information from a company when they need if from wherever they are; a web app offers companies a flexible, cost-effective way to meet this need. From a streamlined version of your internal system to increase the efficiency of remote or travelling employees, to an interactive tool to help build brand loyalty with your customers; a web app can deliver.
Responsive web applications
As you’d expect, all the web applications we build are “responsive”. This means they look great and work perfectly on any screen size: a desktop pc, tablet or mobile phone. We do this by adapting menus, controls and other visuals to fit the device based on the current screen width & height, ensuring the user always gets the best possible experience regardless of what device they’re using. You can see this in action by resizing the window on this website or visiting it on your smartphone – see how everything “just works”.
Is a web app right for my company?
Generally speaking, the benefits of a web app over a native mobile app are:
• ‘Discoverability’ – because web apps appear in the results pages of search engines, they are much easier for people to find than Mobile Apps which you have to visit an App store to find.
• Installation – rather than having to visit an App Store and download an app which takes up storage space, a web-app can be found via search and bookmarked without taking up space on your device.
• Flexibility – Unlike a mobile app, a web app isn’t device-specific, it can be viewed on a mobile, tablet or desktop PC.
Web apps do of course have limitations, such as the inability to access the complete range of device-specific features – if you want certain features in your app, e.g. the ability to tell which direction you’re facing in a compass app (for which you’ll need the phone’s accelerometer), you’ll need a mobile app.
You also can’t use a web app if you don’t have an internet connection, although browser caching does offer the possibility of offline functionality. Web apps are also slower to load than mobile apps.
If you’re not sure what type of business app you need, we’re happy to talk you through the pros and cons of each and help you decide which makes the most sense for your objectives, audience and budget. It may be that a mixture of both mobile and web app functionality would work best for you; in these cases, we can offer a hybrid of the two.
A web app is a software program that you use with an internet browser, in the same way that a mobile app is a software program that you use on your mobile device.
The last few years have seen a proliferation of web apps. Their popularity is most likely due to their ease of use: they’re accessible by anyone with a browser connected to the internet, they cater to the needs of mobile users (important as smartphones are now the main way that people access the internet), and they can be deployed quickly and with almost no installation needed from the user.
How we can help you
Whether you need an internal web application to help manage staff expenses, a web app that you can re-sell to your clients or one that’ll revolutionise your customer service, we’ll work with you to quickly and intelligently build a powerful, intuitive web app that your target audience will want to use.
From there, it’s a simple process that starts with us sitting down with you to understand your business, what your new app needs to be able to deliver and to whom. If you’d like us to, we’ll also suggest a few of our own ideas – we love coming up with fresh solutions that really make the technology work hard! Possible options include:
• A hosted web app with a remote, local, synchronised or multi-tenanted database back-end
• A mix of hosted front-end, back-end and supplier/client portal systems
• A web app that includes a comprehensive CRM back-end
• A web app that compliments a new website or your existing one
• A web app that’s integrated with a back-end payment processing system (we’re a Sage Pay partner)
As an example, we’ve created web apps that:
• Enable users to add new fields, define drop-down boxes, create new forms and generate custom-reports as required
• Automate day-to-day administration, including processing data, billing, reporting, printing and maintenance
• Take daily data feeds from multiple databases to ensure the app always uses correct, up-to-date customer information
• Use visual cues – such as a percentage bar to show progress, and colour to highlight incomplete data fields
• Contain in-built self-help functions to limit the number of enquiries received
• Use permissions according to an individual’s role and access rights
• Are e-commerce enabled – allowing you to take payments
• Provide comprehensive and visually intuitive reports and charts
We specialize all the latest technologies including Microsoft and open source like WordPress, open cart, joomla etc.
We can also work with MySQL systems and Oracle, if preferred.
We know that trying to visualise your finished web app is a big ask, so from early on in the project, we’ll create a prototype that we’ll update throughout the process. This enables you and other stakeholders to ‘play’ with the app along the way and flag any design or functionality that isn’t quite right.
After your web app is live
Once we’ve delivered your web app, we’ll:
• Fully transfer the Intellectual Property (IP) Rights to you.
• Offer full training on your web app, on site or at our offices in Farnborough and London. Our web apps are intuitive, so you shouldn’t need it, but it’s there if you’d like it
• Provide an optional ongoing support service, including an agreed service level agreement (SLA) and access to our in-house developers via our help desk
• Offer optional hosting, we’ve heavily invested in a secure, scalable and lightning fast infrastructure with industry leaders, Rackspace – it’s a handy service if you’d rather not get involved with installing specialist server hardware
Bespoke CRM Development – Achieve your customer engagement objectives with a customised and scalable CRM system that doesn’t require separate licenses for each new user. Implementing the right CRM solution can help companies completely transform the way they interact with their customers. It can improve operational efficiency, reduce costs, give you actionable customer insights, highlight business opportunities and increase customer engagement.
Benefits of a Bespoke CRM
A lot of companies spread their customer data across paperwork, post-it notes, emails and numerous spreadsheets and Access databases. A CRM system can dramatically improve the service you provide to your customers by bringing together all this information into one, streamlined system that gives you a single, detailed view of the customer.
CRM for Smaller Companies:
A CRM will give everyone in your company access to exactly the same information about your customers, which means less duplication, more efficiency and fewer mistakes. It also means that valuable customer data won’t be lost as your staff will have a dedicated system on which to enter it.
CRM for Larger Companies:
A CRM can bring together your marketing, sales and service departments. It can help build better working practices, provide the customer with a joined-up service and identify opportunities to better connect sales and marketing to provide increased sales and improved customer engagement:
• Marketing – creating personalised, meaningful experiences for customers off the back of insights and data collection. Better attribution and the ability to determine ROI from marketing activities.
• Sales – easy identification of sales numbers and cross-sell/up-sell opportunities, real-time insight into your sales pipeline, key information about customer accounts before visits, e.g. any outstanding ‘live’ orders or any service issues to be aware of.
Custom CRM Development by DIGIMENTE
Unlike an off-the-shelf solution, when we build a CRM it’s tailored to exactly match your business and its current processes, so there’s no unnecessary complexity. This ensures that you end up with a system that encourages departments to work together instead of creating silos through data.
There are no ‘extra’ fields that don’t apply to your company, so the interface is streamlined and intuitive, which makes it really easy for your staff to add the data they capture – an important factor given that one of the main reasons CRM systems fail is inconsistent use by staff.
We can create a custom CRM system that:
• Enables you to easily add new users and computers without the need to purchase separate licenses for each additional user
• Integrates with all of your key systems and applications. For example, email platforms such as Outlook or Gmail, ERP and accounting packages, and marketing automation platforms such as Hubspot
• Directly integrates with social media platforms such as LinkedIn and Twitter
• Includes features that you can turn on and off, so it can easily scale with your business plans and any changes to your business processes
• Allows you to create different dashboards for different departments
• Allows for individual permissions according to authority level
• Gives you secure access to your data 24/7 from any web-connected PC, tablet, laptop or smartphone
• Automatically fits the size of the device you’re viewing it on (responsive web design), so it always looks great
• Enables you to quickly and simply produce tailored reports at the touch of a button, pulling data from across the organisation to give a view that’s wider than each individual department
• Lets you segment your data into practical mailing lists so you can easily send out personalised email campaigns
We can also easily build a feed from or closely integrate your CRM into your web apps or mobile apps, so that your sales people can use any downtime to easily get customer updates ‘on the go’.